16-month-old Jamal Bryant Jr. sadly died at The Kids Nest Learning Center in coastal Georgia after choking on a piece of watermelon, in an event that shocked the Brunswick town.

The daycare facility was closed by the state organization Bright from the Start: Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning a few days following the tragic event.

According to a Bright from the Start filing, the organization was notified of the child’s passing on Tuesday.

According to the report, Jamal Bryant Jr. consumed a huge piece of watermelon as a snack without adequate supervision.
After choking on the fruit, the toddler passed away at a local hospital.

class="wp-block-image size-full is-resized">

The daycare’s surveillance tape revealed that three of the staff members were chatting with one another rather than keeping an eye on the kids in their charge.

The employees’ failure to administer appropriate first aid was also evident in the video.

They continuously stroked the infant on the back, an inadequate action in such a dire situation, instead of doing CPR, which is the normal emergency reaction.

Bright from the Start announced The Kids Nest Learning Center’s emergency closure on Thursday in response to the tragic event.

This determination is the result of a careful examination of the other evidence and the security footage.

After looking into the daycare’s past, Action News Jax, the sister station of Channel 2 Action News, discovered a concerning trend.


to inspection reports, The Kids Nest Learning Center has been the target of multiple complaints since 2022.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *